Next week sees the return of the North’s biggest business to business (B2B) conference and exhibition.
Buy Yorkshire 2015 will be held at the Royal Armouries in Leeds on 28th and 29th April. The event is expected to attract over 4,000 delegates over the two days. As I previous years, I will be attending and am looking forward both to the networking and client meetings, as well as to the inspiration that the event always generates for me and the new ideas it always brings.
Below are links to my reviews from last year for a taster of what to expect.
As before, I’ll be posting reviews of each day for Buy Yorkshire 2015. Sign up to my blog to receive these delivered straight to your inbox.
Here is a run-down of the people I’m looking forward to seeing:
Day One – April 28th
- The Billion Pound Panel – Buy Yorkshire say “It’s the return of the mighty Billion Pound Panel! Some new faces; same fun, humility and wisdom.” I say these panels are always a hotbed of interesting debate, and I’m looking forward to getting involved in the discussions again this year.
- Tom Elvidge, General Manager, UBER – UBER has emerged from nowhere to sweep a large chunk of market share from traditional taxi companies, using an innovative digital technology platform. Like AirBnB, the business model allows anyone to get involved and become part of the supplier/customer exchange. I’m interested to hear what Tom has to say about the role of technology and data in UBER’s success, especially since some are predicting UBER will this year transform into “a big data company cut from the same cloth as Google, Facebook and Visa”. More on UBER’s big data potential in Forbes.
- Carrie Longton, Co-Founder, mumsnet.com – we’re now doing a lot of blogger outreach for clients, and have been spending a lot of time getting to know all the influential bloggers for all our clients’ industries. Mumsnet is one of the biggest and most influential blogs out there, so I’m keen to hear how founder Carrie built the blog up to be so successful and what future direction she sees for the blog and its content policy.
Day Two – April 29th
- Jacqueline Gold, Chief Executive, Ann Summers & Knickerbox – My background is in retail and ecommerce and a growing number of my clients work in these fields. Having been a social media speaker for fashion industry events like MODA 2015, I’m interested to hear Jacqueline’s take on the industry and how the marketing strategy of her brands has made them so successful.
- Raja Saggi, Head of B2B Marketing, Google – As a digital marketing services provider (including search engine optimisation SEO), I am always interested to hear what Google’s plans are. Especially so in the wake of one of the biggest shake ups to the Google algorithms this week – the reduced ranking for non-mobile optimised websites, which is said to affect over 40% of Fortune 500 companies.
Who are you looking forward to seeing and why?
If you’re attending this year’s Buy Yorkshire event, do please come say hello!
I look forward to seeing you there!